I haven't written in a very long while, and I apologize for my absence. I don't want to make any promises about how often (or not) I'll post until I'm absolutely sure I can keep that promise. For several months, I'd been very busy revising and editing a book of mine for publishing. Right now, I am waiting for the detailed roadmap so I can do a (hopefully) final revision/edit to get it ready to publish.
I've been hearing horror stories of people who send their books to ARC and Beta readers only to have their books stolen. And because the book wasn't under copyright, there's nothing that can be done about it. It's not uncommon.
I don't want to send my book out until it is fully copyright-protected. That way, if some book villain tries to manifest itself while reading over my work, I can take them to court should they try to get their grubby paws on my stuff. My books are like my children. They are my creations, and it's my responsibility to protect what came from my brain.
Well... now for the subject at hand. About two months ago, I started venturing onto BookTok to see what it was all about. I've been hearing about how "insane" it is. But the BookTok fandom is very passionate about the books they like and the Book Boyfriends they love. Since I write Dark Interracial Erotic Romance, I wanted to see if this was a world I wanted to be a part of. In all honesty, I'm kinda with it.
Through BookTok, I discovered the world of Boyfriend ASMR. Some of those men leave much to be desired. Then there are those whose voices and content are so sexy, I can't stop listening. I've become a huge fan of such VA creators as Fuyuki (a wholesome favorite), Best Kept Secret, Deepdark, Envy, and a few others. One hasn't uploaded in a while and goes by Lust or Lustium. The last one, I listened to everything on YouTube he's released, and I really hope I haven't heard the last of him!
Through those content creators, I found genres I didn't even realize I loved. Such as Yandere, where the speaker is so obsessed with someone, they kidnap that person and have such insane dialogue, I can't help but wonder what happens next. I love Yandere vs. Yandere, where the listener is a Yandere and kidnaps their stalker. There's also Yandere with a willing listener. The listener doesn't mind being kidnapped because she's either in love with her stalker or falls in love with what he's offering.
I've also become intrigued with their version of Mafia romance. Fuyuki did a full series, and for about an hour and a half, I listened to the whole thing, even with no pictures to keep my eyes busy, I could picture the entire thing in my mind. His Mafia Arranged Marriage romance was so inspiring, I've started a book of my own. A Mafia Arranged Marriage Romance.
Mafia stories aren't my preferred genre, but the way he did it gave me a whole new perspective on it. I'm doing all I can so that my story is different from his. When I finally release it, I would love to give him a signed copy and thank him in the liner notes for inspiring me.
My newfound love of Book Boyfriend content also helped me to discover what I like to call "Sensual Chefs". Cedrik Lorenzen and Donut Daddy are men whom I find very intriguing to watch. They are gorgeous, muscular, and so good at cooking. They "molest" the food (as so many TikTokers and even my youngest kid say). I don't see it that way because... It's food. But they do finger, slap, and lick the food. I find it so titillating.
These men have inspired me as well. I would love to do one or two stories based around a renowned chef who, when he isn't cooking for his restaurants, sensually creates recipes just like Cedrik Lorenzen. I may even do one where two pastry or dessert shops compete with each other in an Enemies to Lovers story inspired by Donut Daddy (Anthony Randello-Jahn), who I'm starting to suspect is an Italian Australian.
Some of the women who comment about them are all, "They want to be a part of BookTok so bad". Surprise of all surprises, but those men are just naturally sexy and quite adept at cooking. Not everything revolves around BookTok. But dammit, I'll make it work. These men's faces and bodies are begging to be a part of my stories, and well... my stories are begging for those men.
So... look out for that. And thank you to all these creators for all this brand-new inspiration. As much as I love my rock stars for being my trusty muses for so many years, I think my brain needs something fresh and new. Yeah, I'll keep rockin' with my rock stars, but I have to feed my other muses too.
So, for those of you who were interested, thank you for hanging around. For the rest, welcome, and I hope you stay patient with me. There's much more to come.
Comments
Post a Comment